Faculty Affiliate Program
The UIC Center for Global Health Faculty Affiliate Program supports University of Illinois faculty engaged in global health activities. The affiliate program seeks to build a global health community of collaboration, provide a home to faculty with similar research interests, foster collaboration and increase the collective impact of global health research within the university.
The Faculty Affiliate Program can provide resources, organize events to support global health efforts of faculty across campus, tracks global health research and facilitates building expert multidisciplinary teams from faculty with overlapping or complementary skills and interests.
All University of Illinois faculty members with demonstrated commitment to global health issues are eligible for this program.
- Networking opportunities with other UIC Center for Global Health faculty
- Ability to reference UIC Center for Global Health affiliation in publications, proposals and working titles
- UIC Center for Global Health Director can provide a letter of support (upon request) documenting affiliate faculty member’s global health activities
- Inclusion on the UIC Center for Global Health website and other communication vehicles
- Inclusion on a listserve for relevant information highlighting global health activities and events
- Access to Center for Global Health Global Medicine (GMED) students for research support and mentorship
Requirements for Continued Affiliate Status:
Center for Global Health (CGH) faculty affiliates are expected to contribute to UIC’s goal of advancing health worldwide. Affiliated faculty members are asked to contribute each year to CGH’s global health research, educational and implementation work in at least one of several possible ways:
- Governance: Service on CGH or related UIC management committees involved in global health
- Education: Teach or guest lecture in CGH or affiliated education programs; serve as capstone, research or career mentors for GMED students
- Community-building: Participate in CGH events with the goal of expanding the University of Illinois’presence and contributions in global health
- CGH Research / Implementation: Collaborate with CGH researchers engaged in sponsored global health programs
- Publication: Demonstrate mastery and commitment to the field in peer-reviewed publications